Thursday, December 8, 2011

Apple Pie- Two ways

A day trip to Julian...aka apple country!

View from Volcan Mountain.

Is that an apple tree I see..? :)


I couldn't leave Julian without something apple related.  I bought 1/2 a peck of apples (2 bags)!  There was an assorted variety of sizes and colors in each bag.







I ended up making 2 pies.  The first one was a traditional apple pie.  I used pretty much the same recipe as the apple pear pie I made for Thanksgiving, minus the pears this time.




With the second apple pie I decided to make a crumble topping.  The streusel topping was very easy- just flour, brown sugar and butter.






In other exciting news- In Julian I found a lobster cookie cutter! and a tooth cookie cutter! Can't wait to make some exciting sugar cookie cutouts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment