Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blueberry Pie

Blueberry Pie!


So, I found blueberries on sale at Vons ( 2lbs for $3.99!) and I just couldn't resist!
I have had a blueberry pie recipe bookmarked for a while and this was just the opportunity I have been waiting for.


I found a relatively simple recipe on this blog:
Apparently it is Martha Stewart's recipe for blueberry pie.  At first I tried to get fancy with the top crust. I wanted to put flowers on the top like I had seen done on this blog:

But, alas my pie dough was not cooperating, so I just made a plain crust and decorated the top with some hearts.

Blueberries mixed with sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and lemon juice.


Pie ready to go in the oven.


Pie just out of the oven!


Brought it to work to share with my coworkers! :)


First slice came out perfectly in one whole piece! When does that ever happen?


It did stain everyone's mouth blue/purple for a while...hehe


Only one slice left at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment