Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Butternut squash soup

I decided to make some butternut squash soup to test out my new immersion blender, a Christmas gift from my aunt Suzanne! 

I wanted a savory butternut squash soup recipe because the last time I ordered this soup in a restaurant it was too sweet for my taste.

This recipe included onion, carrot, and celery.


Vegetarian soup stock and butternut squash. I also added some fresh ginger and red curry paste. 


Made the vegetable stock.


Sauté vegetables. 


Add other ingredient and simmer 30 minutes. 


Here is the hand held blender. No more messy blender explosions!



This was super fast and easy to use. Way better than transferring hot liquid in batches into a blender. 


This was hearty and savory. Perfect for a rainy day!









No comments:

Post a Comment