Monday, February 8, 2016

Marmalade

Marmalade recipe courtesy of grandma E. Also the oranges were from her tree!

Cut the ends off 6-7 oranges.


Thinly slice the oranges. If I could do this over I would slice thinner- I ended up with some pretty thick pieces of rind.


Put orange slices into a large pot and add 1/2 cup lemon juice and 6 cups of water. 


Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.



As the rind got softer I used my stirring spoon to chop it into smaller peices. 
Add 1 package of pectin then add 9 1/3 cups of sugar all at once. Bring to rapid boil for 5 minutes then remove from heat for 5 minutes.

Stir then put into jars. Place jars upside down for 10 minutes to help with rind distribution. Then let cool before storing. 


This recipe made way too much! I am giving away 6 jars and I still have a lot left over. Maybe next time I will reduce to a half recipe. It is delicious though.



No comments:

Post a Comment