Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chocolate Covered Bacon

Two of man's greatest inventions: Bacon and Chocolate.  Put them together and it is a winning combination.

Borrowed the recipe idea from: http://www.culinaryescapade.com/?p=574


First step is to cook the bacon until crispy. 


Then melt some semi-sweet chocolate.  This is where I encountered a problem!  The recipe I was following said to melt the chocolate in a microwave safe dish by cooking for about 2 minutes.  I did that, but didn't really see the chocolate starting to melt so I put it in for another 2 minutes.  When I checked it the chocolate was hard and crumbly and starting to smell a little burned, so I knew something was not right.  I ended up adding in a splash of almond milk that I had on hand to add moisture to the mixture.  This saved the chocolate...kind of.  It came out tasting fine, but the chocolate never really set or hardened completely. 





And now for the secret ingredient!.......



Cayenne Pepper!  The recipe I used was vague on how much to use.  I put about a teaspoon into the chocolate mixture, but in the end didn't really taste much spiciness.

Now dip the bacon into the chocolate. Place chocolate covered bacon on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper for refridgeration.  It should resemble little poops!

Bacon and chocolate together at last!


I know it sounds strange, but you must try the combination of bacon and chocolate at least one time in your life.  I like this recipe because it breaks it down to the essential ingredients. I have also made candied bacon chocolate chip cookies, and bacon chocolate cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment