Thursday, April 14, 2011

Arctic Cake





Well, I can't take much credit for this cake, but the credit does go to my awesome coworkers at The Natural History Musuem aka The Nat.  These ladies created a narwhal out of marzipan.  Need I say more?
I was honored enough just to add a nose and claws to the polar bear and take pictures...

Ok so My Idea to make penguins out of black olive and cream cheese got vetoed..


Instead the penguins were made out of marzipan aka almond paste.  The marzipan smelled delicious, but I'm not gonna lie, looked a little like play-doh. 

This cake was made as part of a centerpiece competition for the annual volunteer appreciation dinner at the museum.  The theme was "We'd go to the ends of the earth for you." Based on our next exhibition due to open exactly one month from today "Ends of the Earth: From polar bears to penguins," about the North and South Poles!





No comments:

Post a Comment