Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Curry in a hurry

Curry has many variations.  You can go Thai, Indian or even Japanese!
You can basically add any meat, vegetable or crustacean to the pot!
I decided to make a vegetarian curry with Indian spices.
I made my curry with green beans, garbanzo beans and cauliflower.

First I washed my beans and trimmed off the ends.


Then I started some rice in my rice cooker. Brown basmati to go with my Indian theme.


Chopped up the onion and cauliflower.


Here's the rest of the ingredients: garbanzo beans, can of diced tomatoes, turmeric, garam masala and ground coriander.


First I cooked the onion for about 2 minutes.  Then I added the spices and cooked for another minute.  For the spices I eyeballed the amounts and I put approximately 1 Tbsp garam masala, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp coriander and 1/2 tsp chili flakes.  Next in the pot was the cauliflower, and then after another minute or so I just dumped all the rest of the ingredients in the pot, added some water to ensure that there was enough liquid for the vegetables to stew in, and then I put a lid on it and let it simmer on low heat for about 2o minutes.


After about 20 minutes the cauliflower was tender so I proclaimed my curry done.
It was fragrant and pretty flavorful, but I think it could be spicier!


No comments:

Post a Comment