Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Watermelon Feta Salad

I made this watermelon feta salad for a potluck in honor of my boss Liz returning to work.
I have seen variations on this salad- you can add mint instead of basil.  Also black olives or cucumbers can be added into the mix.


I chose this watermelon because it had a cute curly stem that looked like a pig's tail!
It actually wasn't the best melon ever, but I wasn't sure how to pick a really good sweet ripe melon out of the bunch.


I did my shopping at Henry's and for my feta I used a really devine sheep's milk feta that they carry, basil and red onion.



Slice open your melon and let the fun begin!....



Cube the watermelon and feta cheese and gently mix together.



Then add just a small amount of very thinly sliced red onion, and tear basil into small strips.
Gently toss and you have a beautiful spring or summer salad!




2 comments:

  1. What in Gods name are you up to!? I'll have to try it... I've had dehydrated melon and that's no good... feta and watermelon... interesting... black olives would help balance the onion... this is insanity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm - have to try this. Just dropping by on stumble. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete