Sunday, May 17, 2015

Rose Flavored Panna Cotta



This was a dessert that I created for Mother's Day.  I followed the basic panna cotta recipe I have used before:
One packet of gelatin
1/3 cup sugar 
3 cups milk/cream etc.

Instead of milk I used 1 1/2 c. buttermilk and 1 1/2 c. Heavy cream. I added one drop of red food coloring to add a light pink color, and about 3 tsp. rose water for the flavoring. In the recipes I looked at the amount of rose water varied from teaspoons to tablespoons. I didn't want the rose flavor to be overpowering so I went with less and I think it came out good- the rose essence was there but subtle. I topped the panna cotta with plain raspberries.  The panna cotta separated and I'm not sure why?, but it tasted fine.  Next I want to try to make an elderflower flavored panna cotta.

No comments:

Post a Comment