Saturday, May 30, 2015

Lemon bars

Believe it or not this was my first time making lemon bars! I made these for my friend Michelle's birthday since it is one of her favorite desserts.

First you make a shortbread crust.

Melt one stick of butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and mix in 1 tsp vanilla, 1/8 tsp salt, 1/4 c. Sugar and then last mix in 1 c. Flour until just combined


Mixture looked pretty moist to me so I added a bit more flour.  Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Then using your fingers press dough into the bottom if the pan. 

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

While crust bakes prepare lemon filling


Whisk together 1 c. And 2 Tbsp. Sugar and 3 Tbps flour. Add in 3 eggs one at a time. Lastly add in 1/2 c. Lemon juice and 2 tsp. lemon zest.

Once crust is done pour lemon mixture on top right away. Lower heat to 300 and bake 25 minutes.  Once cooled sprinkle powdered sugar on top.





No comments:

Post a Comment