Monday, April 25, 2016

Lemon Cookie

I was gifted some lemons from my coworker Carolyn from her lemon tree and decided that I would put them to good use and bake something with them.


I've made lemon bars fairly recently so I wanted to try something different.  I decided on a recipe for lemon sugar cookies. 


The recipe used the usual baking staples that I already had on hand in my cupboard. 
First mix 1/2 c. softened butter and 1c. sugar until fluffy.


Then add zest of 1 lemon, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 egg.


Then add 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda,  and gradually 2 c. Flour.


Then cover the dough and chill. 


Then roll dough into balls, roll in sugar, and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes.


Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack. 


These came out soft and fluffy like a snicker doodle, but with a bright lemon flavor. Thanks for the lemons and the inspiration Carolyn ;) !!!






No comments:

Post a Comment