Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Guava Pops!


Coworker hates guavas!  Laura reaps the benefits!
So my coworker Alex can't stand guavas and is repulsed by their smell. 
He has a guava tree in his backyard so he brought a bunch of guavas to work to share.
I took some and wasn't really sure what I was going to do with them.  I looked online for recipes and couldn't find much that used fresh guavas.  I decided to make guava popsicles!

The guava does have a distinct odor, but I think it's stinky in a good way! It makes me think of a tropical island paradise and drinking mai tais out of a pineapple.


Cut up the guava and removed the hard seeds.



I added a couple Tbsp. sugar and then I pureed it in the food processor.



Then I pour it into popsicle molds and froze overnight.



In the morning popsicles!
I didn't like the pops that much so I decided to chop them up and use them in smoothies.  My one tip about making smoothies is don't start pouring ingredients into the blender!  Then you won't know how much to put in and you won't be sure how much will come out.  The best way is to measure it all out into a glass first and then you will know for sure how much it will make and that it's all going to fit into one glass. 
First add fruit (frozen guava and berries)


Then add enough juice to cover fruit (apple juice)


Then blend!




No comments:

Post a Comment