Monday, January 24, 2011

Microwave Bacon Cooker Put to the Test


Bacon. One of man's greatest inventions.

Behold
Aromatic
Crunchy
Object of my desire
Nibble nibble

Tonight's topic is my brand new microwave bacon crisper.  I put this new gadget to the test a few nights ago and had a pretty successful test run. 


Basically you drape the bacon on the cooking racks and then all of the grease drips down into the tray. 


Load it up!  Then cover with a paper towel to reduce splatter.  The directions say to microwave on high- one minute for each piece of bacon.  I  had 12 pieces of bacon so I started off with microwaving it for 10 minutes.  By the end of the cooking time there was alot of alarming popping and splattering noises so I didn't cook it longer, but I found that the pieces on the middle rack weren't quite as crispy as I would like so next time I would cook it a little longer.  For clean up you can pour the bacon grease out of one of the tray's corners pretty easily.  Then wash with soap and water.  This would be a real cinch if you have a dishwasher, but I don't so my conclusion is that it's only slightly less messy than just using a regular frying pan.  One advantage might be that I could be cooking other things in my frying pans while I am cooking the bacon in the microwave...


Add some tomato


and some lettuce


and enjoy BLTs!








No comments:

Post a Comment