Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Best tacos: A delicious debate...

Best Tacos Ever!
I've eaten many tacos in my day and these are some of the best...

Las Cuatro Milpas- This Barrio Logan eatery always has a line out the door and trust me, it's well worth the wait!  I can't eat there unless it's my day off because it's only open during the daytime 9-3:00, and it's closed on Sundays.  The plentiful serving of meat inside these tacos is delicious- juicy and flavorful!  One of the most delicious things I have ever tasted!  Tacos and tamales are $1.50 each.



TJ Tacos!  It requires going to Mexico, which is always an adventure, but the price is right!
My latest taco obsession is adobada or al pastor.  I used to be frightened by the bright red spinning rotisserie of meat, but after tasting it I quickly came to my senses!  The seasoning is so flavorful and interesting and the meat is so tender... So last time I went to Mexico 6 tacos, 2 margaritas, 1 beer and 1 tequila shot= $10! (I think the tacos were 2 for $1)  The best tacos I have ever had in TJ were at Tacos El Franc, but that's a story for another time.  Pictured below are tacos from a random taco shop along the walk to Revolucion.


On a side note also bought this delicious heaping cup of mango ice with chili stuff for only $1.50! So Good!


TJ style tacos can be found on this side of the border if you know where to look..
May I present to you Tacos El Gordo!

Definitely some of the best tacos I have ever had!  I would rate it even better than most TJ tacos I have tried (Except for Tacos El Franc!)  Just looking at these pictures is making me drool!  I am pretty obsessed with the adobada right now, but Tacos El Gordo also makes a pretty mean Carne Asada taco if that's what you're into.  Muy Delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment