Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fair Food

I went to the San Diego County Fair last Tuesday....it took 2 hours of traffic to actually get there, but luckily we got free tickets handed to us by a random stranger at the entrance!  Another plus was that it was $2 Taste of the Fair Tuesday, and lots of the food vendors were offering small sample plates for just $2.
Can't beat that!
Hands down best $2 spent:
Cheese Curds!
We also had deep fried artichokes, but I ate it before I remembered to take a picture-Oops!
Steve got some $2 BBQ Pork thingy


Since all the food we were eating was only $2! I decided to splurge and buy us some $9 beers to take the edge off.


$2 chicken nachos.


$2 Pizza on a stick.




Then I went for Cheese on a stick! Couldn't resist...


I wanted to look in the gems and mineral building.  And I came across an interesting display:
Food made out of Rocks!


chocolate truffles guaranteed to chip a tooth..

I'm surprised they didn't have Rocky Road Ice cream (HAHA)






OK I'm sad I can't think of more good rock jokes right now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment