Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pecan Pie

My dad has professed pecan pie to be his favorite dessert, so I took it upon myself this father's day to make my dad a pecan pie worthy of a king!  The pecans were practically priced at their weight in gold, but alas they are pretty high up there on the hierarchy of nuts..but anyways that's another story for another blog post.  Anyways, I have made a few pecan pies in my day.  I decided to stick with something simple and traditional.  I found this particular pie recipe on a blog featured on my favorite website in the world FoodGawker.com:

Last year I made one with chocolate and bourbon in it as well, and the crowd proclaimed it too sweet!
Pecan pie is already really sweet as is, adding chocolate is just over the top!

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups shelled pecan halves
1 cup golden or light corn syrup
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs, at room temperature
9-inch unbaked deep-dish pie shell
The only other thing that I have ever used corn syrup for besides making pecan pie is making caramel.


Anyways, just mix everything together.  Add the pecans last and just stir until combined.


Pour into an uncooked pie shell and cook at 325 degrees for 1 hour.


The results are delicious! 




No comments:

Post a Comment