Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tiramisu

This was good. And oh so easy!
I obtained the recipe from this lovely blog:

I made this for a dinner party last week.  Steve had invited some friends over because he was making lasagna so I decided to go with the Italian theme and make tiramisu!
I got home from work, made this in about 20 minutes and then popped it in the fridge for later!
Very easy recipe! The hard part was finding the lady fingers!



Ingredients

Lady fingers
7 oz cream cheese
1 Pint Heavy Cream
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1 Cup of extra strong coffee completely cooled (I used instant coffee)
4 Tablespoons Kahlua (My addition! Not part of the original recipe)
3 Tablespoon or more of cocoa powder


You whip the cream until peaks form.  Then add in the cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar and beat until combined.


I went to two store before I found lady fingers! Vons-no! Albertsons-no! I found them at Ralphs in Hillcrest.



Make a coffee, Kahlua concoction and then lightly dip the lady fingers. 


Cover with half of the whipped cream.


Then repeat the process for a second layer.


Sprinkle cocoa powder on top.


And the stick in the fridge for a while for the flavors to meld together a bit.



Behold a masterpiece!
It was light and sweet and perfect!
I will be making this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment