Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lemon Basil Cupcakes


Recipe from:


A lemon and basil treat for my coworkers at the NAT.
Of course I have been daydreaming about making this recipe for ages...I have been a bit obsessed with fruit paired with herbs like basil, rosemary, thyme etc.

Anyways, the batter is a mix of mochiko rice flour and regular flour.  Also the usual suspects butter, baking powder, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and plain yogurt.

This is all the ingredients right before I put my electric mixer to work.


Cupcakes ready to go in the oven.


Basil for the frosting!


The recipe called for cutting a well into the center of the baked and cooled cupcakes and then piping lemon curd into the center.  I had my dear associate Molly Muffinz assist me with this task. :)


Then the lemon basil butter cream frosting was applied to the cupcakes.


Yum yum! These were well received by my coworkers.  I found the lemon curd filling to be a bit too sweet for my liking, but overall these cupcakes were pretty darn good!  In my opinion the basil was very subtle.  Look for more fruit and basil recipes appearing soon on the Hungry Oryx....


No comments:

Post a Comment