Saturday, February 25, 2012

Broiled Grapefruit


I've always wondered why they are called "grape"fruits.  I think that they should be called "great"fruits.
Anyways, put these on the list of my recent obsessions.  I have been in the habit of making fresh squeezed grapefruit juice in the morning for a while now. I would say probably 2-4 times a week. yup. Gotta have that vitamin C.

Anyways when I saw this recipe it jumped out at me. A new method for preparing one of my favorite fruits... I just had to try it.


So, you sprinkle some brown sugar and cinnamon on a grapefruit half, and then you are supposed to put it under the broiler for a few minutes.  I was under the impression that the sugar would somewhat caramelized like on the top of a brulee, but this never happened for my little grapefruit. :(



Well, it still tasted good anyways of course, and the recipe that I read suggested putting a dollop of plain yogurt on top.
In general I think that eating a grapefruit is delicious, but way too much work. I think I'll stick to juicing as my preferred method of consumption thank you very much ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment