Monday, July 4, 2011

Cheese stuffed Chiles



It's summer and it's time for Barbecues! Cheese stuffed Anaheim chiles are a regular at our barbecues.
Made with whatever cheese happens to be on hand, this particular batch had ricotta and cheddar-left over from my Quiche recipe http://lauramanthei.blogspot.com/2011/07/real-men-dont-eat-quiche.html


So in order to stuff the chiles I cut a slit down the middle and then across the top.  I try to clean out most of the seeds and veins as best I can.


I mixed the ricotta and cheddar cheese together. (Just slices to cheddar cheese works too)


Using a spoon I stuffed the cheese mixture into the chiles.


Then wrap the individual peppers tightly in foil.


These can go around the edge of the grill and be left on while you are cooking other things.
Once the chile is softened and cheese is melted, remove from grill to cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment