Monday, July 4, 2011

Real men don't eat Quiche

"Real Men Don't Eat Quiche, by American Bruce Feirstein, is a bestselling tongue-in-cheek book satirizing stereotypes of masculinity, published in 1982." ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Men_Don't_Eat_Quiche )

I came across this book in a thrift store one time and the title has stuck with me.
Anyways! I love quiche! Whenever I make quiche I eat at least a quarter of the damn thing as soon as it comes out of the oven.  It's comfort food, versatile, and makes a great lunch to take to work. Nuff said.

This is one of my favorite recipes.  It uses ricotta cheese.

Ingredients

Pie crust
2 cups spinach, cooked
1 cup cream
3 eggs
1 cup ricotta
1 cup cheddar
salt and pepper
Then add additional vegetables of your choice

Poke holes in the uncooked pie crust with a fork.


Saute the spinach.




Arrange the spinach, and in this case artichoke hearts in the bottom of the pie crust.


Then pour the cheese, cream and egg mixture over the vegetables.



Bake in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment