Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cucumber Sandwiches



Cucumber Sandwiches!
These petite open faced sandwiches are light, delicious and oh so classy!
It's one of my go-to potluck recipes.
I got the recipe from my mom, who credits my Aunt Tammy for making this first.
I remember it from family gatherings of the past, but I was not a fan until recently. I think that as a child the rye bread flavor and the lemon pepper turned me off, but now I can't get enough!


Ingredients:

Little squares of Pumpernickel or Rye Breads
Packet of Ranch Dressing Powdered Mix (Not Ranch Dip Mix)
Cream Cheese
Cucumber
Lemon Pepper


To assemble:
Thinly slice the cucumber into rounds.
(Depending on the size of the cucumber, you may want to have a second "back up" cucumber in case your first one isn't enough.)


This time I couldn't find the usual log of small pumpernickel squares so I bought bigger pieces and quartered them.

Mix together Ranch Dressing mix and cream cheese.  Then Spread onto bread squares.  If you spread it on too thickly, you run the risk of running out, so spread somewhat conservatively.


Then cucumber goes on top.


For the final touch sprinkle on some lemon pepper.
This is lemon pepper I got out of the spice bins at Henry's.


In no time at all you will have a small army of cucumber sandwiches!


Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment