Monday, July 4, 2011

Strawberry Peach Vodka Popsicles

My popsicle obsession can be traced back to the opening of Viva Pops, ( www.ilovevivapops.com/ ) a brightly colored, local pop shop located on Adams Avenue.  I even befriended Viva Pops on Facebook.  My friend Molly and I were texting each other and making plans to meet up within minutes after reading a recent post announcing the release of a small batch of "goat cheese pops."  Anyways they have amazing and unique popsicle flavors like salted caramel, mojito, orange basil and lavender lemonade.  Most of their pops are $2.50.  They even have pops for dogs!

"Let's take this popsicle idea to the next level, and add alcohol!"
The idea has been there for a while, but finally in the heat of this 4th of July weekend I decided to take on the challenge with the help of my trusty assistant Molly Muffinz.  She supplied the peach vodka:


I harvested the strawberries and a peach from my local Pancho Villa Marketplace.
My mom gave me this mini food processor.  Thanks mom.


Pulverize that fruit!


Pour into pop molds.




Into the freezer you go!


The results!:


OK so I have to issue this warning: Be careful how much alcohol you put into your pops!
We put way too much, and it took forever to freeze, and tasted disgusting!  This was just a test run and next time the results will be improved, and hopefully edible!

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment