Sunday, November 27, 2011

Arugula Pesto Pasta

I got the idea for this recipe while browsing on foodgawker:
http://www.lawfullyweddedwife.com/2011/11/15/arugula-pesto-pasta-with-cremini-mushrooms/
Apparently you can find a similar recipe on the back of bagged arugula at Trader Joe's

Well, excuse me!....

Here are some of the key ingredients:

I stuffed my little food processor with arugula, walnuts, a couple cloves of garlic, and oil from the jar of sundried tomatoes.


I had to keep gradually adding in more of the arugula until it blended down.


I tossed the pesto with just cooked pasta, sundried tomatoes and some parmesan cheese.
Mmmm Mmmmm

It was good and fresh tasting, but not quite as good as regular basil pesto.  It was good for a change of pace though.



No comments:

Post a Comment