Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Skull Sugar Cookies


This is my mother's recipe! Personally, I don't think any of the other sugar cookies I have tried come close to these.  Maybe it's because I grew up with these cookies, but I think that they are the best! :)


Easy Cutout Cookies


1 package (16 ounces) golden pound cake mix
1/3 cup margarine, softened
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 egg

Heat oven to 375. Mix half the cake mix (dry), the margarine, almond extract and egg in large bowl until smooth. Stir in remaining cake mix.

Divide dough into halves. Roll each out 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured board. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake until edges are light brown, 6-8 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet. Cool completely


The two secret ingredients: Pound Cake Mix and Almond Extract


Cut outs ready to go into the oven:


Cookies decorated by myself and some helpers ;)




Now for a preview of the San Diego Natural History Museum's newest exhibition, Skulls!

Some bird skulls...


Turtle Skulls


One of my personal favorite animals, the Anteater!


Giraffe Skull


Alligator Skull


Rhino and other horned creatures..


That's just a preview of the 200 skulls in the new exhibit!

My favorite cookie, created by Molly Muffinz:




No comments:

Post a Comment